Followers

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Food Glorious Food

Hello, good morning, it's a nice sunny day here in Malta today, just perfect for a visit to the beach and some nice cool ice cream ............ just like the one I have on my card today.

This is my FIRST card for my new DT at Sweet Stampin' Challenge  :)  The theme this week is FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD and all the girls were given some cool fun images from Prairie Fairy to  play with.

For my card I chose this gorgeous triple cone ice cream image which I coloured with my promakers. I printed the ice cream three times and then cut and layered with foam for dimension.

Thought I should make something extra special for my first card ...
and so I made a Joy Fold Card for the first time.
I remember having seen a very similar card somewhere, with the image on the side holding the top fold, and thought it was perfect to go for my image. Unfortunately can't remember where I saw it so as to give credit.

The gorgeous main sentiment 'YOU are so sweet' is from the All About You stamp set from the All That Scraps store. .. which lucky me had won some time ago. There are twelve different sentiments in the set which all go with the word YOU, love it :)

Our weekly sponsor this week is 
Bunny Zoe who are offering one lucky winner a 10 Gift Certificate
gif maker

and our monthly sponsor is 
Prairie Fairy who is offering the winner 5 digis from the store
Prairie Fairy



I am entering my card in these challenges today.
- Top Tip Tuesday 37 - MORE THAN ONE FOLD
- Papertake Weekly - ANYTHING GOES


Thank you for looking today ... 

.. not going to the beach though  : (  

No one can or wants to come with me boo 


xxx



15 comments:

JLJ Designs said...

Yummy card! I love the sparkle on the ice cream. Would you believe the candy package showed up today? I'm so excited! Thank you so much!

Jen

Lisa Minckler said...

OH,OH,OH...pick me....Over here...I'll go to the beach!!! :) Dora, your card is AWESOME and I absolutely love all the sparkle and layering. Excellent card for your first DT submission and on behalf of Top Tip Tuesday, the fold of your card is brilliant! Thank you for joining us on our challenge and good luck to you!
Hugs,
Lisa

Cor* said...

OMG that ice cream looks totally good enough to eat! Wonderful job with the decoupage as well! great soft pastels! What a rockin' for card! PS- those little snackies were very yummy last night at our crafting session! I can see why you like them so much!

Margreet said...

your card is so nice and yummie, Dora....great icecream...I do want to go to the beach with you!!!....lol
xxx Margreet

Heidi said...

This is gloriously edible. Love the ice cream image and layering it up like that makes it look almost real. I like the Joyfold cards too, hugs heidi x

Kathyk said...

It might HAVE been the ABC of Christmas challenge where you saw the Joy card Dora ......

LOVE your card and it's bit of bling.

How was your day's filming, how much more have you to do? DID you meet Brad?

Kathyk

Vicky said...

Wow Dora...such a delish card sweetie..! love the image, the fold of the card and the fabby sentiment....!

the weather is ok here now....after a very miserable start!

have a lovely weekend...hugs Vicky xx

Mandy said...

Hi Dora,
Wonderful card,I really love how you've done the ice cream cone...I would have come to the beach with you,one of my favourite things to do...Have a lovely weekend...
Mandy x

Tina said...

very pretty card...majes me want some ice cream...lol..ill go with you to the beach to....

Tina

Elaine Stark said...

mmm a scrummy card. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Saskia said...

Lovely card... so sweet and so yummy!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Caroljenks said...

This is gorgeous - I love the colours you've used and that ice-cream is fab! Great idea to use it to hold your card shut too :)

Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'More Than 1 Fold' Challenge this week :)

Carol x

Sue said...

Hi ya
gorgeous card, looks good enough to eat, luv the ice cream, lovely papers & design, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Stressed Stamper said...

Fab summer theme - Great ice-cream. Thanks for joining in at TPC this week - Good Luck
Sarah x

coldwaters2 said...

Totally fabulous card Dora loving the design also the papers and that yummy ice cream image, a great card for your debut.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...